Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spreading the word of DEFENDOR

So I don't know if anyone has talked about this film yet, but I just bought it and watched it tonight. Defendor came out some time last year, got hardly any marketing, and basically disappeared for a bit before going to DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a straight to DVD film, but people, it is the BEST movie I have seen this year, and last. Here's a summary from IMDB:

A comedy centered around three characters: an everyday guy who comes to believe he's a superhero, his psychiatrist, and the teenager he befriends.

Okay, this was NOT a comedy. Did it have a funny premise? Sure. But the movie in itself was, while it had some really funny lines, not pure comedy.

Anyone who likes movies with superheroes, good acting, good story, and real emotion, will like this film. I can not stress enough what an amazing actor Woody Harrelson is. If you saw Zombieland, 7 Pounds, or any of his other films, you will recognize the diversity in his characters.

I want this movie to get it's justice. It deserved awards, recognition, all that other crap that other movies get when they have lots of money pushing it. It didn't get anything, but I hope it will be recognized by people who can appreciate real value and talent by actors and film-makers.

1 comment:

screwdestiny said...

I'll add it to my queue.