Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Look out! Senior at the wheel!

It was a terrible day. Dreary, rainy, I was returning home after a jaunt to the supermarket for foodstuffs. I stopped behind 3 cars and waited, as a school bus let kids off. A few seconds later...



Yup, that's my poor baby. I screamed, and thank god I pressed hard on the brake. Felt my head hit the back of my chair hard, and froze for a few seconds. Cop comes. Directs us to the side of the road to exchange information.

The driver was 82. I was stopped for at least 5 seconds. Time enough, you would think, but nope. Not long enough for him to realize what was happening. I still have a headache. Tomorrow, we discover if I have whiplash. Grrreat.

1 comment:

screwdestiny said...

People should lose their license after the age of 70, I swear. They're such terrible drivers.