Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogging again!

It seems I've come to a point where I have a bit more time and patience to do things. Like blogging! Maybe it's time for me to stop harassing my Facebook friends with a bazillion posts about things I care about (like how alcohol effects weight loss...) and simply blog them, instead. One big thing to read instead of a bunch of little things!

Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts.

Here's an update for you. I'm currently working in a lovely office building in DC that I really really love. Unfortunately, I don't really have anything to do during my lunch break besides eat and read. So, I go for walks, which sucks in a skirt in the heat, but I do it anyway. What I'd love is a friend nearby to go for walks with me or something, but meh. I guess it's not so bad being that weird girl walking down the street with a book in my face.

I just finished A Feast For Crows and I think it was my favorite book in the series, so far. I'm not a big fan of how Martin likes to stretch everything thin by adding a bazillion characters at once, and he even said that he kept it mostly to King's Landing during this book. I appreciated that. #1, Circe is one of my favorite characters (love to hate!) and #2, so is Brienne. And Arya. And Jaime. Okay, I pretty much love everyone except whats-his-face Barathion and his stupid red sorceress bitch. I'm pretty much done with their story and would like for them to die, soon. I don't know why, but I always feel tempted to skip the parts with them. Booooring. Give me what's going on with Sansa anyday. The Stark girls are so much more interesting to me then the other guys I keep having to read about. Like.. the Greyjoys. I'm done with them, too. Maybe I just don't like reading about men? I don't know. I do like reading about Sam, and Jon, and Dani bores me sometimes too. Hope I like the next book, since it's all I'll have until Martin gets off his ass (or back on it?) and finishes the next one!

In other news, I'm once again trying to lose the 10lbs that has been plaguing me for the past two years. It seems that every so often I think, "Oh, I'm okay.. I'm (insert number here) and I can lose that!" Well, nuts to that. I'm up to 130, which is where I was when I first moved out of my parents house. For the longest time, I was around 122 and that made me SO HAPPY. I can't believe how much 8lbs will do to my self esteem. I'm not working out as much as I was then, if only because I have to drive to my gym instead of just walk to it (there used to be one in my apartment complex), and I don't get home until maybe 7PM every night. That leaves me 3 hours to do whatever I gotta do before I go to bed, and sometimes I'm just so tired by 7PM all I want to do is eat and watch cartoons. At the very least, I'm able to crank out some reps with my kettle bells while I'm at home being lazy. I'm noticing some more strength in my legs, where doing 3 reps of 10 squats might have KILLED me, it's now a breeze. But the weight isn't coming off, and to that, I can only imagine it's because of my nightly martini. So, goodbye to vodka (for now...) because I need to burn this weight before I hit the road in August!

Speaking of hitting the road... yeah, we're doing more of that. I love travelling, and travelling with the band is even better than I expected. So, this August we'll be going to New York to play with Huntress and my buddy Joe in Brohammer. I'm ULTRA excited about that show, because not only do I get to see my college friend (who is now a big-time inking artist for DC, ooh la la!), but I get to go to NYC! I haven't been there since I went to see X Japan about a year ago.. where I ran into Joe, last time! It's destiny that we see eachother in the Big Apple, I know it.

The next out of town gig will be in West VA. I'm looking forward to that one too, if only because for some reason, we tend to have THE BEST TIME EVER when we play in WV. I don't know what's in the water, but their metal fans are f'ing great. Well, maybe it was the Four Loko we had last time, but MAN what a time we had in Bluefield (both times!). We met some great people and Josh won me a pink teddy bear from the crane game. He was drunk off his balls but he won that f'ing bear, whom we now call "Thunder Bear", and force to watch over Chris' drum kit.
After those, we'll have some big gigs in September! One of them will be opening for Kamelot, followed by my brainchild, Metal Quest. Metal Quest went from an idea I had to bring nerd metal bands together, to an actual show, to a show with a purpose. Now we're trying to raise money for the Hero Initiative, a cause that all nerds should be aware of. The Hero Initiative is around to help donate money to comic book creators in need. Some of them are pretty old and are in need of care. Some of them have been injured due to the strenuous nature of looking at paper so close for so long. Well, these guys gave us our heroes, so I see no reason not to try and give them something back. Where would I be without comic books? Probably somewhere boring. We're taking donations to fund the show before it happens, so we can give more profits to the charity. If we can make our goal, we'll be able to actually be able to give money to the Hero Initiative without losing our asses! That's always a good thing. I'm really looking forward to this show. Costumes, raffles and everything!

All this, and we're currently recording our new album. I'm excited about this one, even more then the last one. I wrote a bunch of the lyrics on this one, and I'm especially proud of them. Thank goodness for such a good creative team to work with. I'm expecting a few raised eyebrows, but nothing to the extent of "Kill That Bitch", which took some flack for being:

Antifeminist, cruel, mean, stupid, childish, evil, ect. ect.

Well, what can I say? I have a knack for these things. Making controversy, that is. I don't think this album will have quite so much, but it will have some different styles that may surprise you. My goal in this album was to make people hear everything my voice can do. So, if you know me, you know I do a lot of different things. This album will highlight NEARLY all of them, or at least the ones I haven't used as much in the past. We've got some guest vocalists I'll be singing with, too. We've already announced that Blaze Bayley is one of them, but the other one shall be revealed a bit later.
I think that's it, for now. Most likely, I'll come up with something else to talk about in a few hours... if so, I'll save it. Can't write too much, can I? Yes, I can...

Links:


No comments: