Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas is coming!

It's almost here! Right now, in laying on the couch with Willy. We're listening to The Big Broadcast on NPR while our fake Wii fireplace roars on the TV. I've got tea and after a workout, band practice, and a good clean dinner (fish and green beans) I'm feeling pretty good!

I thought that enjoying Christmas treats would be okay but to be honest, I just hate how it makes me feel. I get all depressed and fatigued and there's nothing fun about that. I hope I can just keep telling myself that. I was planning on making paella for Christmas but the truth is, not only would eating a bunch of rice make me feel gross, but my mom has diabetes. I hate the idea of putting out something starchy that will make her sick. So, I figure, why not do a big beautiful pot roast? Everyone will love it, it will be healthy, and I won't have to worry about feeling gross after. That'll be a gift to my mom and myself and our family.

And now I gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow I gotta to to the post office and try to find myself a Dutch oven, though I'm terrified of Christmas eve shopping!!

No comments: