Saturday, January 17, 2009

Recipes

One of my problems while cooking is usually that I fall into a rut. I start cooking the same thing, get sick of it, and want to cheat. It's a bad habit to get into, and I can't afford to do it now that I'm cooking for two. No, I'm not pregnant.. Willy is eating better, now. Most of my recipes are of my own invention, which can and can not be a good thing, at time. Take last night for example.

I made chili. I make my chili from scratch, and add all the things I feel a good chili should have. Ground beef, habaneros, mushrooms, green peppers.. and a can of tomato paste. What's wrong with that, you ask? Well someone who low carb diets must be wary of tomatoes. They're a fruit, and they do have sugars. I used only one small can, but also a can of diced tomatoes. So sure, my recipe wasn't full of bad sodium or sugar or anything like that, but in my head I'm kicking myself for all of the extra carbs I should have been straying from.

Plus those 2.5 light beers.. but lets not get into that. They were the only ones left, they're gone now, I'm not buying any more!!

But I will be buying groceries, today. Which means I gotta dig up my old low-carb recipes and find out which ones Willy will eat. His problem is he doesn't like fish, so, I can't do ANYTHING with fish. It sucks, and it cuts out a whole plethora of foods, but it will be worth it. Here's hoping he'll come with me to the gym again, today. He makes a good motivator.

No comments: