Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh, what a surprise.

Turns out that the guy with the so-called "marketing position" lied. No salary or benefits. Just a telemarketing job that paid $8.50 per hour.

Driving home, I considered just driving through 66 until I reached the mountains, and then laying down on the ground to watch the clouds go by. It's gotten to the point where I'm too buried in depression that I don't cry, anymore. I just come home and cook dinner. Then I send resume after resume like a robot, before writing a thousand words for my novel. Then I go to sleep.

Today will be no different. I'm gonna go help my guitarist paint a house, make a few dollars for grocery money, and contemplate what life would have been like if I'd just gone to medical school like I really should have. I could be training to be a plastic surgeon, right now... what the hell was I thinking? Being an artist blows.

5 comments:

Wishing on a star said...

Sometimes life really blows :(

screwdestiny said...

Sorry. I'm trying to send good vibes your way.

Carlos said...

my guess is you are an artist because the thought of not expressing your gift makes you physically ill... it's not so much a choice as a need... hang in there

Nina said...

Thanks for the good vibes. At least I made a few bucks painting, today!

Fat Daddy said...

Oh dear Nina, there is not much to say except that I am sorry for the rough times you are having. I hope things turn for you soon.