Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chick can DRUM..

So last night was pretty bad-ass. I helped out my friend Bobbie in putting together a Battle of the Bands event for Flight of the Valkyries, in which the winner would be able to play first for the show. It was a major success, a ton of people showed up. The bands that played were:

[geist]
Acid Queen
Scarz Within
and
Cypher Lock

All of the bands put up a good fight, but in the end, [geist] took home the glory. But that's not what I wanna talk about. What I wanna talk about is Cypher Lock's drummer, Mariah. Mariah is a girl. Who drums. Mariah is also a big girl. Who drums. And drums AMAZINGLY. Now, I don't know if ya'll know this about metal drummers, but they do a lot of stuff. I mean holy shit, usually metal drummers are pouring sweat and working every single one of their muscles. Well, Mariah made it look easy. Personally, she made that band for me. I was so impressed by her that I wished I could steal her away.

You go, Mariah.

No comments: