Thursday, July 10, 2008

This one's for you, kid

So I've noticed that throughout the years, my stance on religion and what is right and what is wrong has never really changed. I think I've got the same beliefs I had when I was five, which is that treating everyone with kindness and respect is the best way to praise God. Now, take into consideration, I don't care if anyone else believes this or not. My friends range from athiests, to wiccans, to Buddhists, and there's even a Satanist in there. Does that make any difference? No. Because again.. same beliefs that I had when I was five.

So when I found out what gay people were, I was like 10. I was like, huh. So it's okay for me to think boobies are hot? I could be gay? The whole "being gay is evil" thing never occurred to me, because again, those same 5 year old beliefs existed to me.

I gave this some consideration. I've been pretty artistically obsessed with boobs since I was little, and the more I drew the more I focused on women. Okay, I thought. Maybe I'm gay. Then I became a teenager and the boys happened. I found myself not attracted to any girls, and instead discovered the joy of boys. The more I dated, the more the truth was reinforced. Nope, totally not gay.

Even through college! With all the crazy drunken parties and lesbian showcases some of my friends did, I felt cool about the fact that maybe, MAYBE I'm gay. Or at least bi. How was it possible to not be, when I loved the female body so much?? It was hot and beautiful and perfect. Men are awkward. Women are curvy. It makes sense, right? Totally gay? Bi? Anything?

Nope. Totally straight. I've resigned myself to the fact that I am, in fact, completely straight. I do appreciate a woman's body, but that's pretty much as far as it goes. I prefer to draw women, I'm not shy of women, and that's all there is to it. How anticlimactic, huh?

Now for men.........

Check this out.

No comments: