Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oh great... you too, sleep!?

As if I needed something else to be stressed over, now I'm having trouble sleeping.

Ah, sleep. The one thing everyone should be good at. Unfortunately, I've got a few things against me. First off, my neck. I've got a tiny neck and require a tiny pillow.. but not too tiny, or my damaged neck and back muscles will be messed up throughout the night and I'll wake up with pain from all those rear-endings I had in my Celica.

God I miss that car.

Odin; the world's fattest most annoying cat.
So I've got all that neck pain, and then there's the cat. The gaddamn mother fucking cat. People, I love my fat-ass cat. But he's an asshole. He starts meowing around 5:30 AM, a full half an hour before I even need to be up. Some might say that he'll stop if you ignore him. Those some are dead fucking wrong. Odin is the most persistent little shit I've ever known in my entire life, and all the cuddles and lap purrs he gives me will never make up for his annoying ass. So I've got him yeowling in the AM (and no, I can't lock him out because he opens doors and his litter box is in our master bathroom..), but that's not all.

For some reason, I keep waking up around 4 AM. Every. Single. Morning. This wouldn't be so bad if I could just manage to go the hell back to sleep, afterwards. Unfortunately, all I seem to do is lie there. I know I'm tired, and I know I need to sleep, but sleep won't come. Eventually, however, 6 AM does indeed come, and when that happens I'm so tired I can barely function. So what the hell am I supposed to do? I go to sleep at a reasonable time, like a good girl, at 10 PM so I can get my (much needed) 8 hours of sleep. I wind up not sleeping until past 11, and waking up at 4. :/ Sometimes at 2, too. This is in all kinds of different scenarios; working out before bedtime, not working out at all. Eating 2 hours before bed, eating 5 hours before bed. It doesn't matter, it happens every time.

To combat this exhaustion, I've been drinking coffee and Rock Star (as needed), and now I'm afraid I have a caffeine dependency.  As in, when I don't drink coffee, I get a headache. Or maybe that's just my neck pain traveling to my brain? Who knows! All I know is that I'm really tired of being really tired.

No comments: