Monday, June 10, 2013

5 Days - 25K

Well, this weekend kicked all kinds of ass. Our album release show for Time's Arrow was absolutely successful. We sold a ton of merch, made some new fans, and got to play a whole new set! I even got to do a costume change! I can't complain about my performance, either. I did a lot of prepping to make sure that I didn't talk for the entire day, just because I wanted to make sure I could hit every high note repeatedly and growl in the spots I wanted to growl. I did my make-up different, added a few hair extensions, and wore my brand new show goggles. They were crafted by a dude on Etsy. Here is his shop! (The Real Broken Brains) It was great!

My one regret is an old one; ugh, I hate the way I look right now. Not that I can complain that I'm out of shape or anything, as I work out at least 4 days a week and don't eat badly. That being said, I'm thinking that maybe the elliptical isn't doing it for me. It always felt weird to use and never gave me that feeling of accomplishment that I do when I run. A year ago, at our last album release show, I was running a 5k maybe.... twice a week. But I felt and looked thinner than I do now, so I'm gonna give that a shot again and see how I feel about it. And goodness knows I love crashing into things, so I've decided to try and run a 5k every day for the next week. Don't worry, I'll still be lifting weights too. If you'd like to join me, by all means give it a try! For beginners, just try walking the first 5k. Eventually, sprinkle some jogging in there, and before you know it, you'll be running with me! Probably faster, though. I have short legs and run a 5k in 20 minutes IF I'm lucky!

Well that's it for now. I'll be headed to Raleigh this Friday for a gig, so my Friday 5k will have to be outside. I'M SCARED. I hate running outside, but I WILL DO IT! In closing, here's why I kill myself in the gym; metal love.


No comments: