Thursday, June 13, 2013

5 days - 25k (Days 3 & 4)

 Whoops! Didn't update, yesterday. In case you were wondering, I totally did day #3, and it sucked. Lets talk about that.

The thing about running is that it takes a lot of energy. I've got like, zero energy in the afternoon, because it's been 6 hours since my last meal and running AFTER I eat is disgusting. I always feel like I'm gonna vomit. So I run before I eat and I'm tired. And sore, from the day before. During day 3, I was able to get a WiFi signal so I watched a few episodes of Metalocalypse. I love watching TV when I run because it's a good distraction away from the utter exhaustion I feel. Not giving myself a day to recover in between these 5ks is brutal. The muscles in the front of my thighs are sore and no stretching in the world is enough to un-sore them. My arms were exhausted after yesterday's run and it was hard to lift them enough to wash my hair, and I didn't even work my upper body, this is all from running.

Today was day 4, and it was probably the hardest run yet. I ate around 6:30 this morning then drank a protein shake (low carb) around 12 before running around 12:30. I was so ragged. It was hard not to give myself breaks between each 1/2 mile, but I  managed to push through. With a crappy WiFi connection, I couldn't watch TV so I listened to my work out mix instead. There's a lot of Hammerfall in that mix, lemme tell ya. Sometimes it's inspiring, but today it wasn't doing it for me. To tell you the truth, nothing really did it for me today. I was tired, and hungry, and miserable, but I did it so I could say I did it and it suuuuucked but I did it.

I'm only hoping that tomorrow won't suck as much as I'm dreading it will. I hate running outside, but because I have a show tomorrow in Raleigh (at The Maywood!), I tool the day off. So I'll be at home and I'll be able to get up, eat, rest a bit, then run a bit sooner after a meal which will hopefully give me more energy. We'll see. Either way, I'll do it so I can finish this 25k, and hopefully not drop dead.

No comments: