Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So much snow!!

I must apologize for not having posted since the SNOWMAGEDDON began on Friday. See, when you're stuck in a house for... *checks calander* four fays, you start to get a little stir-crazy. I've been passing the time with frequent drawing binges, a little WoW, and cooking.

Since I work at the State Department, I follow procedure with the other federal workers. The federal government has been closed since Friday afternoon, and brace yourselves, we're gonna have another possible 20" today. It's already begun snowing little trickles here in Damascus, and all I can do is scream "Nooooo!!" and beg for it to stop. Unfortunately, my no-snow dance kinda sucks, so we're probably in for another haul. The snow is supposed to continue from today on until tomorrow afternoon, which means it's very possible they will be keeping the federal offices closed for another day.

I can't tell you how much this is displeasing our leaders, considering how much money is being wasted for every day the federal government does not work. Lets just say, it's in the millions, and I have not yet reached that point in my life where millions of dollars wasted are not a big deal to me. But hell, what can we do? Many people are still stuck from Friday's snow, and now we've got another 20" to battle.

At this point, my everything hurts. I was out there shoveling since Sunday and I'm sore in my arms.. legs.. back.. but at least I've been getting a good work-out! And despite the presence of cupcakes in the house (via my mother-in-law) I have not strayed on my diet. In fact, I have discovered a delightful new addition to my food regiment; almond milk! It's delicious, and ridiculously good for you!

Now if you will excuse me, the time has come to batten down the hatches and get ready for another SNOWMAGEDDON AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

4 comments:

M VICTORIA GIRONES PUĂ‘ET said...

I hope you come soon to Spain to be able to try "rice with tenca" or other typical dishes.

I have seen the news and it is snowing a lot in the EEUU. I wish everything is solved soon.

Nina said...

I hope I can bring my new husband for a visit, soon! We will try for some time in the summer or fall.

screwdestiny said...

*doing my super-cool anti-snow dance* Hopefully that'll work in quelling the snow.

Geosomin said...

Mmmm...almond milk...love it.

I think the tonnes of snow that fell up here in canada made it's way down there. Oops. Sorry :)