Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 3 (Cont.)

Today went very well. My only slip up (which isn't really a slip-up?) was when I bought juice during lunch. I should have known better than to have trusted it, because it was one of those crappy juice mixes that had high fructose corn syrup. -_- I do not want corn in my carrot juice, thank you. Douchebags.

Anyhow, before coming home I stopped off to buy a few things to make my fasting easier. I got some salmon for tomorrow's dinner, and tonight I made a white bean soup with tomatoes and onions and carrots. It really was good, so here's me posting the recipe!

- 1 box of Swanson's vegetable broth
- 2 cans of white beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of carrots
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- salt/pepper to taste

This made a lot of soup so I kept the rest for later meals, and for Willy to eat when he's hungry. It's all vegan and very easy to make, plus it makes the house smell delicious. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Toss in a pot simmer until beans are cooked, serve? Asking because that does look really good and think I might do that for dinner.