Friday, November 2, 2007

Must.. lose..

So after the voting, it seems that 45% of people think that 130lbs at 5'1" isn't overweight, but 55% does.

This tells me that people are kind of split in half on the issue. On the one hand, sure, it's okay to be a little bigger than what is "normal". Nobody's perfect. On the other hand, why shouldn't I strive to be the best that I can be? I can certainly do it if I try hard enough, that much was already proven when I lost 50lbs four years ago.

So no more coming up with excuses. There's no need for me to have to stay depressed because of my appearence, when it's obvious I can do something about it. Most of the problem lies in getting the right type of foods, and when you live with 3 other people who all eat LOTS of carbs, that can be pretty hard. We have a rice cooker, we buy 20lb bags of rice, we make rice on a daily basis to go with EVERYTHING (daggone Asians.. ;) ), so it's always there to tempt me. And when I don't have any low-carb meals or food to make meals with, it's hard to sit there and starve while everyone else can eat so easilly.

I'll be going grocery shopping, tonight. I've been putting it off way too long, and no, the laundry is not going to magically do itself. I'll have to do that, too. The toilet paper has been running low, we're basically out of all neccisary condiments, and we're even out of soap and contitioner.

No more being lazy! Must go shopping for bare essentials!

No comments: