Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thoughts on Love

It occurs to me that I am very lucky.

There are people out there who don't have love in their lives. I know, because most of my friends are these people. They're mostly dudes who have had crushes on me in the past, but the truth is that I think they only see what they want to see. To them I'm a glamorous artist and musician who plays video games. I'm hot to them because I share their interests. They can talk to me and feel accepted, so it's easy enough to understand why every so often, one of them admits he's had feelings for me.

I don't mind. I just wish that there were more girls out there who shared their interests. Girls who ARENT gross fangirls who take advantage of guys like this. Girls who genuinely want to be their friend. It seems like most girls I meet who date gamers do enjoy gaming, but they date gamer guys because most of them can be easy to manipulate. That really sucks. Everytime I see Willy, I'm reminded of how lucky I am for having a boyfriend that loves every part of me. Even the bipolar depressive obsessive compulsive Nina, who spends all night folding laundry or crying over someone who died that she never met. Honestly, I have lots of dumpable offenses. I'm glad I'm with someone who sees past them, and what's more, considers them to be cute little quirks instead of huge issues.

No comments: