Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My teef hurt!

I went back to the dentist today, for my cleaning.

I must say, it was my moth painful visit to the dentist yet. Of course, I don't think I've gone in around four years.. so that's to be expected. I didn't know, however, that apparently the tartar buildup in people's teeth is so hard, they have to literally sand it and scrape it off. I really didn't know that. I mean this shit was HARD. It was like for some reason, I smeared concrete over my teeth. Very painful experience to have it all scraped off like that..

The rest went pretty easy. I got a lesson in proper flossing, and learned that I was doing it wrong this whole time. Apparently I have to go beneath the gumline. That made me shudder, watching her do it. I actually gasped when I watched her dive into my gums and scrape at all that toothy goodness.

So no cavities, no surgery needed, no nothing. My teeth are perfectly healthy, all 32 of them. Yes, I have all of my wisdom teeth. I guess I'm lucky in that having good teeth was never an issue for me. Lets hope this continues.

The other day I heard a dude next to me that needed his teeth to be pulled because they were rotten. Ughghgh...

No comments: