Monday, October 22, 2007

Red red wine..

So yesterday, my Willy left our RP guild in WoW.

He left for a few reasons, most of them being the gigantic drama whores that make up most of my guild. Being the actual GUILD MASTER, I can't leave. Nor do I want to. Willy just isn't into RP as much as I am. He's a casual RPer at best, so while he's bummed out that he doesn't have his guild anymore, he's relieved not to have to deal with their crap. Of course, he's still bummed out. So yesterday, after being VERY bummed most of the day, he went out for motor oil and I bought shoes.

5$ for a pair of high-heeled clogs. With CAMO. OMG they match EVERYTHING. And they were 5$. God praise the Rugged Warehouse.

To be honest, his being bummed was making me bummed, so I was about to take off and drive to West Virginia for some time to myself. Allong the way, he calls me, and I felt so guilty that I asked him to come with me. I told him I didn't know where I was going, I was just driving west. So onward we drove, until we were a few minutes short of the Skyline Drive, and I saw the sign for a vineyard.

So we (or I) decided to check it out. It was our first time at a real vineyard (since my grandparents' don't count, as this is a hoity-toity American vineyard..), and we got to do wine tasting. We visited the The Fox Meadow Winery in Linden Virginia. Now, Willy usually hates wine. But he actually enjoyed the wine tasting, and lady was very friendly, and HE actually said we should by a bottle of pinot gris and share it on the balcony, looking out at the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I was glad to get away from WoW. Honestly, I love the game, but with him and I it seems to create a lot of grief and I almost wish we'd stop playing entirely, but I'm terribly addicted and we both enjoy it too much.

Anyway.. the wine tasting made me tipsy. I drank so little, people. SO LITTLE. We tasted 6 wines, and each time she poured it was about the width of my pinky. I had LESS than half a glass of wine, and yes, I was tipsy. So when we got to the balcony with our smoked sausage and bottle, I drank only about 2/10ths of a glass, just to seem proper. Sausage was good, though, and it was a beautiful view. The sun was setting allong the Blue Ridge Mountains, and we had an entire vineyard laid out before us, vines heavy with grapes.

It was honestly heavenly. I'm never so happy as when I'm in places like that.

Of course, then Willy has to ruin it (lol kidding, this is great..) by talking about the impression he got from the establishment. Leaning into me causially, swirling the wine beneath his nose, he asked, "..do you get the impression that at midnight, rich people come here to sample wine paired with people meat?"

Yes. Somewhere allong the way, between the pairing of syrah and horseradish cheese, Willy got it into his head that these were the type of people to murder a human being, marinate him, cook him, and serve him to guests to be paired with their wines. The human meat would not be the main attraction, the wine would. Because you see, rich people don't see humans as people. They see them as cattle.

We went into a long in-depth conversation about this. It inspired me to write a book, which I am currently working on. I'm doing research on wine to get started. It will be my first non-fantasy novel, and I'm a little nervous, but I think it has a market.

Anyhow.. too drunk to drive home, Willy took Sunstreaker and we drove away from my beautiful mountains. Needless to say, I didn't want to leave.

We'll be returning next Saturday.

No comments: