Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 23

Band practice, tonight. I am sick to death of the work I've been doing for my band. I feel like I'm working two jobs; I'm the lead singer, and also our manager. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get complaints like "hey, can we get all of the pictures from our last shoot?" which I don't mind doing but nobody seems to understand that they are huge, and there are over 400 of them. So pardon me while I take even MORE time out of the very little time I have at home while not sleeping (4 hours) to batch process over 400 photos and make individual disks for everyone.

And I swear, if I see them used (without my having edited them) anywhere, I will kill someone.

Today I am going to explain to these guys all of the work I have been putting into our band. All of the phone calls I've made, with the people complaining to me about us not having sold 10 out of 50 tickets from our last show. All of the annoying bids I've made to gigs (with my own money, mind you). All of the e-mails I've traded with the people doing our merchandise. The money I spent printing tickets. The flyers I made for our shows. The bands I've had to book by myself to ensure that we HAVE a show. All of this I do in between my regular duties at my REAL job, as well as while I'm home, during my nonexistent "relax time". And people wonder why I haven't leveled even one character in WoW to 80 yet? It's not just my inability to quest grind. It's all of the shit I have to deal with simultaneously.

Oh yeah, and I'm planning my own wedding. Only 127 days away!

Man I wish Lent was over.. I really need some meat right now.

No comments: